Tuesday, July 25, 2006

And Now, A note from The Artist...




Curious tales started back last summer, as a painting I had done for Gallery Nucleus' Girl Show, curated by Heather Chavez.
Models of the twins can be seen in almost all my student films since 1999 to present day. They may not be in the typical twin form. While watching some of my films later on, I noticed that I was often animating and moving the larger eye of the girl. Making the girl appear almost as if two girls.
More often than not, the more emotional and free acting, whether violent or ferocious, happy or sad, the right eye was drawn larger! I'm not sure if I have done that purpose or subconciously, but I thought the whole thing was quite interesting.
So the twins were born somewhere in the back of my head: where babies are born with test tubes and chemicals, petri dishes and powdered milk!!!
Since then the paintings all seem to have a strong stories, if at times abstract narratives, around them.

My BF, the talented and handsome Jeaux Janovsky was so inspired with my paintings he began interpreting some of my paintings of the girls in his Trademarked whimsical written form and then... be hold! Curious tales was created! (Or rather: Victoria and Eleanor were born!!)
Together Jeaux and I became the Unwittingly new proud parents of the strange little girls that seem to now have become their own characters and personalities (and sometimes Multiple at that) and lives of their own.
Check out some earlier post for some short tales based on Victoria and Eleanor Curious.
Archives of Curious Tales

I hope every one enjoys the site, whether your twins or not.

Special Thanks goes out to Monsieur Jeaux Janovsky for giving everyone a secret glimpse (well, not so secret I guess) of Victoria and Eleanor's Curious & Interesting Worlds on his Nickelodeon/Frederator Blog: Lunch Break.

Love,
Cristina N. Paulos

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the works!

Nice seeing another artist / storyteller here on the Blogger network and look forward to the art and how this develops.

Course I should be cursing your name as I was thinking of a artist doll project of my own not too far back :P. But alas it will be awhile since there are still plenty of paintings for me to finish and computer graphics to design.

Hell even my own blog at FairyTales still needs a few more additions. Keep em coming :).